Door of Perception's Pillars: Safety 1st | Small-Scale & Personal | Thorough Preparation.
I facilitate safe & thoroughly prepared private journeys with psilocybin truffles, which are legal in the Netherlands. I also offer assistance in integrating (challenging) psychedelic experiences that clients have had elsewhere. Although not a therapist myself, I draw inspiration from Client-centered therapy, Acceptance and Commitment therapy (ACT) and Narrative therapy.
- A standard coaching trajectory takes about one month and is always preceded by a thorough screening.
- After the screening procedure, an extensive preparatory session follows, either online or in-person.
- About two weeks after the preparation session, a full-day is reserved for the guided truffle journey. The journey takes place in a comfortable and centrally located holistic healthcare practice in Amsterdam.
- The day after the journey, I briefly check in with participants (by phone).
- The coaching trajectory is concluded by an extensive integration session, 1 to 2 weeks after the journey.
The 3 Pillars in my Psychedelic Coaching Practice:
Participants are always thoroughly screened. If needed, I consult medical experts in my network who are involved in psychedelic therapy & research. I’m honest about what I can and cannot offer as a psychedelic coach, and will never use the word “therapy” to describe my services. In my opinion, offering therapy with psychedelics is only safe, appropriate and ethical for licensed doctors & therapists with a training in psychedelics.
Small-scale & Personal Approach.
I’m self-employed and my trademark is a highly personal approach. No prefab emails, no exorbitant fees due to large overhead and/or overly luxurious setting. I carefully select music and adapt the playlist for each session, to include music that emotionally resonates with the participant.
Psychedelic journeys are ideally preceded by a few weeks of preparation. Participants receive a homework / reading assignment before the preparation session. I take pride in really taking the time with clients to prepare them for their journey and to help them formulate an intention.
About me – Door of Perception – in a nutshell:
- More than twenty years experience with and passionate about psychedelics
- A lot of experience with guiding psychedelic journeys, in a variety of contexts
- Thanks to extensive experience in psychedelic harm reduction, I'm very skilled at helping people move through challenging psychedelic experiences
- Academic background in Medical Anthropology (subtopic of Cultural Anthropology)
- Up-to-date about scientific developments in psychedelics research - I've been involved in the OPEN Foundation (organizer of the Interdisciplinary Conference on Psychedelic Research) since its foundation, 15 years ago.
- A decade of hands-on experience as a counselor in mental healthcare
- Compassionate and honest about what I can and can't offer as a psychedelic coach