Do You Have to Chew Psychedelic Mushrooms?
Do you have to chew psychedelic mushrooms? No, you do not have to chew them. There are several different ways to consume psychedelic mushrooms, including:
- Psychedelic mushroom extract
Of course, you can absolutely chew psychedelic mushrooms, but it is not the only way that you can take them, and typically not the most preferred route of ingestion. The various ways that you can consume psilocybin mushrooms are described below:
Chewing mushrooms is the easiest way to consume them, and certainly the most efficient. However, because many people describe the flavor negatively, as bitter or soil-tasting, it is understandable to search for other methods of consumption.
Other users opt to make their psychedelic mushrooms into tea. This is accomplished by crushing, grinding, or chopping the mushrooms. You can use the following recipe for tea:
- Grind 1 gram of dried mushrooms into a fine mushroom dust using a coffee grinder.
- Add mushrooms to a 500 milliliter pot of boiling water.
- Add thin slices of fresh ginger to help reduce nausea, and a couple green tea bags for flavour.
- Optionally add a squirt of lemon juice (keep in mind lemon will catalyze the psilocybin and speed up the onset of the trip).
- Turn heat off and stir occasionally as it steeps for 15-20 minutes.
- If you don’t want to eat the soaked mushrooms (which will not be completely extracted), pour the mixture through a coffee filter into a mug.
- Add honey to taste, and enjoy responsibly!
It is possible to make another, albeit weaker, round of tea from the same batch of mushrooms, due to the fact that there is still un-extracted psilocybin remaining in the organic mushroom material from the first steeping process. Those who drink psychedelic mushroom tea report less stomach upset compared to chewing and that the effect kicks in faster.
Capsules are a great way to both ingest and store psychedelic mushrooms. Capsules are discreet, bypass the unpleasant taste of the mushrooms, and they are a great way to microdose. As users realize which level of mushroom microdose helps them with creativity and a positive attitude, they can prepare a dose to a level that suits them without losing an entire day to a larger macrodose.
It is common to add psychedelic mushrooms to foods to help users avoid the taste, as the other stronger ingredients work to mask the flavor. The compounds in mushrooms break down in the heat, so it is essential to heat the mushrooms as little as possible during the cooking phase. Little is known about the temperature and speed that this process occurs, but to play it safe it is best to add the psychedelic mushrooms to recipes after they are already cooked.
Psychedelic Mushroom Extract
If you prefer to create a psychedelic mushroom extract, here are some steps to take:
- Weigh out 10 grams of dried psilocybin mushrooms.
- Grind the mushrooms in a coffee grinder or use a mortar and pestle.
- Pour 100ml of ethanol onto the ground up shrooms in a clean jar.
- Stir the mixture and leave it somewhere dark overnight.
- The next day, shake the jar and use a coffee filter to pour the liquid into a shallow baking dish.
- Let the extraction evaporate down to 20ml, and store in a dropper bottle before liquid evaporates down to a paste. (If this happens, just top it back up with more ethanol)
In the end, you’re left with a pungent smelling 20ml liquid, with each 1 milliliter droplet representing a 0.5 gram dose.