In this week’s podcast Tim Cools speaks with Azalea Kemp, an apprentice to a Mazatec lineage who offers integration services and private microdose coaching, about the indigenous, traditional and therapeutic culture of sacred mushrooms.
- Azalea’s Background
- The Traditional Understanding of Sacred Mushrooms
- The Different Therapeutic Purposes and Applications of Sacred Mushrooms
- The Process of a Traditional Ceremony
- The Importance of Creating a Culture of Respect Towards Sacred Medicines
- Healing the Land Before Serving the Medicine
- Process of Initiation into a Mazatec Lineage
- The Feminine Aspect of The Mushroom Tradition
- Spreading the Reciprocity and Gift Economy of The Mazatec Tradition
About Azalea Kemp
Through her ancestral roots in Mexico, Azalea was invited to spend time studying Los Niños Santos (psilocybin mushrooms) in Huautla de Jiménez, Oaxaca, México under a sacred Mazatec lineage that has been using sacred mushrooms medicinally for centuries. She has made a life long commitment to sharing Mazatec wisdom and working with sacred mushrooms as medicine.
About Tim Cools
Tim is a psychedelic integration specialist and legal psychedelic guide. He facilitates powerful, life-changing experiences for professionals, to help their professional lives come in alignment with personal ambition and values.
Tim is a Mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR) teacher, a certified coach, and psychedelic advocate, educator and guide.
He is an entrepreneur and co-founder of Tools Of Awareness, a personal development center focussed on combining psychedelics and mindfulness to grow personal and interpersonal awareness though (online) courses and retreats.
Furthermore, he founded Psychedelic Experience, an online non-profit platform for information surrounding psychedelic substances. It’s a community based non-profit organization, created by and for psychedelic and plant medicine communities.
His personal interests are technology, meditation, metaphysical and eastern philosophies, shamanism and the healing power of nature and plants.